Cree endorses and adheres to Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) standards for all Cree sites. It is Cree’s EH&S goal to design and develop products safely, that realize energy efficiency, minimize environmental impacts, and have sustainable life cycles. In this manner, the Company is continuously improving our EH&S performance and reducing the overall impacts of our manufacturing processes. To further ensure that Cree can implement such standards, Cree is dedicated to:
- complying with regulatory and other requirements;
- consulting with and encouraging the participation in EH&S by workers and workers’ representatives where they exist.
- implementing specific measures to prevent and minimize hazards to humans and the environment including pollution prevention;
- minimizing waste and disposing of waste safely and responsibility;
- providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees;
- reusing or recycling materials wherever technically possible and economically reasonable;
- sourcing raw material responsibly;
- substituting sustainable resources in place of non-renewable resources; and
- using natural resources, energy, and materials efficiently.