|Cree Product Characterization Tool (PCT)
Identifies the best Cree Xlamp
for your design
The PCT allows you to select from multiple lighting-system design parameters to compare up to three LED models simultaneously to help in making critical design choices.
For all valid LED drive currents, the PCT quickly and easily does the following:
- Shows all critical LED design parameters, such as luminous flux and efficacy, for selected LED models
- Performs de-rating calculations based on junction temperature (Tj)
- Calculates LED valuations, such as lumens per dollar (lm/$)
- Estimates simple LED design parameters, such as the number of LEDs required and total power consumption
In multi-LED designs, buying full distributions of LEDs and mixing the LEDs offers a flexible and cost-effective way to achieve good and repeatable color consistency. Cree Binonator calculates and displays the chromaticity and flux results that come from mixing multiple LEDs from different chromaticity and flux bins.
Cree Binonator allows you to:
- Specify and visualize an N-step MacAdam ellipse around a series of correlated-color temperatures, centered on the black-body line.
- Specify a series of LEDs each with associated color and flux bins.
- Calculate the resulting flux and color point.
- Display graphical results.
- Save a recipe file for use at a later time.
Version: 1.6; Last update: 05/23/2012