Cree, a leader in advanced lighting and technologies, endorses the following Corporate Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Policy for all Cree sites.
To ensure that Cree can implement these policies and standard, Cree is dedicated to
- Providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees
- Complying with regulatory and other requirements
- Using natural resources, energy and materials efficiently
- Substituting sustainable resources in place of non-renewable resources
- Reusing or recycling materials wherever technically possible and economically reasonable
- Minimizing waste and disposing of waste safely and responsibly
- Sourcing raw material responsibly
- Implementing specific measures to prevent and minimize hazards to humans and the environment including pollution prevention
It is Cree's EHS policy to
- Design and develop products that realize energy efficiency, minimize environmental impacts, and have sustainable life cycles.
- Continually improve our EHS performance and reduce the overall impacts of our manufacturing processes.